advice & preparation
On the slopes, everyone is responsible; ensure you, your family and friends are prepared
ADVICE FOR ALL SKIERS
- Respect lesson schedules.....there are other people in your group
- Get insurance and be covered, the rescue teams are not free and the ESF does not reimburse lesson fees.
- Hydrate and eat properly. Throughout the day, your body will need it at high altitudes and in both the cold and the sun.
- Warm up and stretch your muscles to avoid any unnecessary aches and strains
- Choose the correct equipment suited to your level of ability, your size and your activity.
- Respect the environment; keep your rubbish with you (papers, handkerchiefs, cigarette butts, wrappers etc..) until you find a bin to dispose of your rubbish properly.
- Equip your child correctly : ski wear including underlayers, jacket, overalls, helmet, hat, gloves, sunglasses/goggles ; sunscreen, tissues…
- Wearing a helmet is highly recommended for children on the slopes
- Avoid staying and challenging your child during lessons
- Leave the instructors to decide on class and level changes, they are professionals and know how to recognise the level of your child